The Ocean City Fishing Club was started in the summer of 1913 and is the oldest continuously operated fishing club in the country. A handful of surf fishermen met on the beach in Ocean City, NJ to pool their efforts towards a common goal of sportsmanship and fellowship. The first meeting of the club was held on August 15, 1913 with twelve members enrolled..
The Objectives of the Club:
- To advance, promote, and enjoy the sport of fishing in the State;
- To better protect the fish of the State, and
- To prevent the violation of the laws thereof relative to fish and fishing, and to that end to advance and secure laws through the Legislature for that purpose;
- To protect the food of game and edible fish, and generally
- To promote the interest of rod and reel angling; and
- To establish social intercourse and good fellowship among the members of the Club.