Our mission is devoted to the collection of artifacts historic documents and memorabilia as well early photographs of our eight villages which are: Belleplain Eldora Northwest Dennis Dennisville South Dennis Clermont South Seaville and Ocean View.
The little old school house is the home of the Dennis Township Museum and History Center. It was built in 1874 on the corner of Petersburg Road and Hall Avenues. The land for this school was purchased from Charles and Sophia (Stites) Ludlam in 1872 for $250. On April 15 1948 a fire occurred which destroyed the second floor. Later repairs were made and a new roof was constructed over the first floor. A property swap took place between the Board of Education and the Township Committee in 1951 and a new Consolidated School was constructed on Academy Road. The Old Dennisville School building became the Dennis Township Municipal Hall until 1994 when the new Municipal Complex was completed.
When the Old School House was vacated the Township Committee gave permission for the building to be used as a Museum and History Center. Its on-going mission is to build a comprehensive collection of artifacts and memorabilia that serve to depict the history and life of the eight villages that comprise the township. The eight villages are: Belleplain Eldora North-west Dennis Dennisville South Dennis Clermont South Seaville and Ocean View.