Accepted Forms of ID to Obtain a Library Card
ID must be valid and must have your current address listed.
- Driver's License
- State Issued ID
- Voter Registration Card
- Military ID for the Coast Guard Base
- Utility Bill
- Tax Records
- Bank Statement
To obtain a Cape May County resident library card, please bring ID to any branch showing proof of residency. Resident cards are free to obtain. Residents Include:
- Anyone who lives in or owns property in Cape May County (except Ocean City & Avalon)
- Military & civilians stationed at the Coast Guard Base
- Campground residents who own their site or stay there 6 months or more out of the year
- State workers whose job is primarily based in Cape May County
A free Reciprocal Borrower card can also be attained by those whose towns have an agreement with the Cape May County Library. Reciprocal Borrowers include:
- Avalon residents
- Ocean City residents who are county employees
- Atlantic County residents
Those who do not live in the county but want to use library resources regularly, as well as those who reside in Ocean City, can obtain a Cape May County library card by showing ID with their current address and paying a $90 fee.
Those visiting the county for any time less than 6 months are eligible for a free visitor's card. In order to obtain a library card, visitors must bring proof of address for where they are staying within the county as well as ID for their home address. For further information, please inquire at any branch
or by calling (609) 463-6350.